We are pleased to offer a range of top quality gourmet and medicinal mushroom varieties in liquid culture format.
Liquid cultures are live mycelium suspended in a sterile nutrient liquid. The liquid is held in a syringe for hygeine, and convenient application of the liquid culture into your substrate of choice, which may be sterilised grain (to make grain spawn) or even direct onto a supplimented sawdust substrate.
These liquid cultures come in 20mL syringes. Each syringe is held within sterile packaging and comes with a fresh, sterile needle to use for squirting the LC into your substrate. Cultures are tested on agar prior to dispatch to ensure that they are free from contamination.
A usage rate of approx 5mL to 10mL per kg of sterilised substrate is reccomended.
Species we have available in Liquid Culture are:
- Phoenix Oyster (Pleurotus pulmonarius)
- Velvet Oyster (Pleurotus parsonsiae)
- Shiitake (Lentinula edodes)
- NZ Native Shiitake (Lentinula novae-zealandiae)
- Pekepeke Kiore / Coral Tooth (Hericium novae-zealandiae)
- Tawaka (Cyclocybe parasitica)
- Wild Enoki (Flammulina velutipes)
- Wine Cap (Stropharia rugoso-annulata)
- Turkey Tail (Trametes versicolor)
- Artist's Conk (Ganoderma applanatum)
NOTE: Please say in the 'notes' option of your order at checkout, which strain(s) you would like.
PRICES (20mL Liquid Culture Syringes):
1x 20mL: $24.90
3x 20mL: $59.90
5x 20mL: $94.90
Cultures sold by MycoLogic are intended for use by those growing mushrooms for consumption by yourself / friends / whanau. Cultures are not to be shared or on-sold as liquid culture, agar plates, dowels, grain spawn or grow kits. For commercial use enquiries (e.g. growing for market or other commercial usage) please contact us to ensure that due process is followed.